In the beginning of 2018 I joined agency Comprend in Stockholm as a UX designer intern. Comprend is a full service agency that together with 13 sister agencies constitutes H & H Group. Comprend consists of approx 80 employees based in Stockholm and London.
I was involved into different projects where one consisted of creating a new product site with a new product segment for one of our clients. In this project we had a close collaboration with one of our sister agencies that was responsible for the content, while we at Comprend focused on interaction, design and placement of different elements.
At first, workshops was held together with the client to discuss and understand our client needs and what they wanted out of the site. We determined that we were going to create 3 different pages for the site. An impact map was made and this gave us the advantage to understand our clients users and who they where. 4 different audiences were identified and what they wanted to get out of the site.
- The influencer (information, news, interest in technology)
- The decision maker (business cases, infographic, visuals)
- The executor (inspiration-professional-infographic)
- The general explorer (high interest in future technology and investments)
Now we knew our users and what their needs where when visiting the site. Still I wanted deeper understanding and knowledge regarding the specific field I was suppose to design for, so I did some research and looked into:
- What role our client had within this segment?
- What was there offering, compared to others?
- What was our client’s USP?
- How big where they within this field?
- Studied competitors and what they offered in comparison to our client?
- Investigated what media wrote in regard of this field
After gaining some deeper understanding. Me and my UX colleague started having small workshops, starting to design and making decisions for each page.
- What should be presented on each page?
- In what order it should be presented?
- Which of the different target audiences would each page be most valuable to?
We made a lot of sketching and drawing together first on whiteboard that later became paper wireframes. Between our workshop-meetings I displayed my wireframes for different colleges to gain feedback and made changes if needed.
Early wireframes drawn on whiteboard presenting the 4 different audiences.
After this when we felt satisfied the wireframes got created in Sketch and was made clickable in Invison where they were presented to our sister agency and client. From here there was a lot of discussion and improvements. since we were spread across Sweden on different locations. Invision became an excellent tool to present our work and quickly gather feedback to make changes and improvements to our Sketch files.
This site was later released and is active: https://www.additive.sandvik/en/